Thursday, January 24, 2013

Challenges are fun?

Yes. Yes they are. We need challenges. I need challenges. It's a good thing, too, because I'm facing so many of them right now. Post-MFA life has barely begun, and the weight of it all is crushing parts of me. I have to keep writing. That's one thing I have control over. I need to keep chipping away at my book. I need to keep creating and thinking and revising. All of the other stuff is out of my control. I just have to keep writing and believe that everything will work out. Things will happen. The weight will lessen with time. Stuff will work out.

I'm a good writer. I just need to keep believing that. And VCFA didn't just vanish. It's still there. My people are still there --  here -- holding me up from behind the scenes. I'm ready for all of this. I can do all of this. I really can.

No comments:

Post a Comment