Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Staying Focused

When it comes to writing, I'm someone who always needs a side project. I'll take breaks from the novel I'm working on to write some hockey poems or a short story. Sometimes, I even write the opening pages to one of the many stories that's floating around in my head. This can be a positive thing. It means I'm staying fresh, challenging myself creatively.

But, it also means that I've been working on so many things that I haven't finished anything in quite a while.

Well, you heard it heard here first: I will not work on anything else until I finish my novel. I'm focusing on one project, and I'm going to finish this draft of my book by hook or by crook. Soon, too. I'm trying to write THE END before I head back to work on August 15th.

There. I just gave myself a nice little (HUGE!!!!!) deadline.

Wish me luck...


Just Finished: The Night She Disappeared by April Henry
Currently Reading: A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
Up Next: Shine by Lauren Myracle

1 comment: