Thursday, June 21, 2012

Motivation

It's easy to be motivated as a student. I have assignments to complete and deadlines to meet.

However, my next semester doesn't start up for a couple of more weeks, and it's times like this where I worry a little about what happens after I graduate in January. It's easy to just sit back and think, oh, I'll write tomorrow or I'll get a bunch done over the weekend. The hard part is getting after it on a daily basis when there isn't a deadline tapping on your shoulder.

So I've been setting little deadlines for myself -- giving myself little assignments. It might be to write a thousand words today, or it might be to revise two chapters that I worked on last week. Just something to make me feel a bit of pressure. Pressure's a good thing, at least for me, and it makes me focus and work harder.


Just Finished: Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Currently Reading: The Apothecary by Maile Maloy
Up next: DeadEnd in Norvelt by Jack Gantos

1 comment: