Monday, May 7, 2012

Never

Sometimes I finish a book, and I say, "Wow, I'll never be a published writer."

Jumped by VCFA faculty member Rita Williams-Garcia made me feel this way. It was just too amazing. The way it deals with perceptions -- of ourselves and of those around us -- just blew me away. The voices of the different girls depicted were so real and distinct, I found myself reading certain passages over and over again just to live in their descriptions a little longer.

It's a feeling that only the best books can give me, and it's addicting. It's fun to come across a piece of writing that's so fresh, it makes me feel like I could never have created it. It also makes me want to produce the best writing I can, so that maybe someday someone might feel the same way about something I've written.

No comments:

Post a Comment