Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Poetry Madness

Sticking with the poetry theme this month, I'm participating in a fun event called MADNESS! 2012, a children's poetry tournament at Ed DeCaria's Think kid, Think! website. There are 64 writers participating, and it's set up in a bracket just like the NCAA basketball championships.

Ed organized the brackets through a random numbers program, and I got a #16 seed, which means that I will be given one of the hardest words that I must include in the short poem I write.

A poem wins by garnering more votes than the poem it is matched up with. Anyone who visits the site can vote. The voting window for my 1st round match-up begins on Thursday (3/15) @ 8:00 am.

It should be fun! Who knows, maybe I'll even win a round or two!

1 comment:

  1. Great name for a blog. I really thought this was one of outdoors and backpacking so I was tempted to look. Anyways, if you want to camp in the future with your family, learn basic survival skills, which includes starting a fire from scratch and basic compass and map reading. In starting a fire, do you know that you can make a smokeless fire without effort? See this very useful link for more details: http://backpackingmastery.com/skills/smokeless-fire-tips.html

    ReplyDelete