Sunday, December 11, 2011

Break

I've finished another semester at VCFA. Hooray! What's amazing is that I'm learning things that I didn't even realize I didn't know. I'm able to look at a piece of writing (mine or otherwise), pinpoint what is and isn't working, and use that to inform future projects. I'm learning how to better articulate my ideas, and I'm learning to catch my mistakes before I even put them on the page. After all, a more skilled first draft leads to more focused learning and revision.

So, now I'm taking a little break. I'm still writing and reading, but I won't have any assignments due until February, when my thesis draft deadlines start to spring up. I'm very much looking forward to my next residency in mid January. I learn so much when I'm on campus, and I enjoy being with my great classmates. I miss them. It's hard to only converse through message boards and e-mail with people that you're sharing an experience with.

In more exciting news, I should be getting my next workshop packet to read this week. I can't wait. It's always so much fun to see what everyone else is writing. They are all so talented, and I'm lucky to be a part of such a wonderful community.

No comments:

Post a Comment