Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nerdy Athlete or Athletic Nerd



My wife and I joke about this all the time. Which one am I?

On the surface, most people that know me would probably say I'm a Nerdy Athlete. I mean, I played college and minor professional hockey, right? I coached hockey at the college level. I was a starter on a New England championship high school football team. I played organized lacrosse, baseball, soccer, and basketball. Even badminton.

However, I also check TORn daily. I know the names of the sons of Feanor. One of my cats is named after a dragon. I taught an 80's pop culture elective. I quote conversations between Jack O'Neill and Teal'c on a regular basis. When I hear the name Starbuck, I don't think of coffee. I write books for children and teens. And, I just read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and absolutely can't stop thinking about it.

From this day forward, I'm proud to finally be able to admit that I'm an Athletic Nerd and not the other way around.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you can claim your title. I don't know what TORn is, so I guess I'm not a total geek.
    Write on!

    ReplyDelete