Friday, August 5, 2011

Revision

There's revision and then there's REVISION.

revision is going over your writing and making it better. You correct all the grammar mistakes and awkward sentences. You try to fill up glaring plot holes. You change a few things that just don't work.

revision is good. But that's the problem. You writing will only be that - good - if you simply revise.

REVISION is a completely different process all together. REVISION takes you to a place that I don't think most people are ready to go with there writing. I know that I would never have been able to go there if I hadn't enrolled at VCFA. While REVISING, you question everything. Every scene. Every page. Every word. Every word needs to be right. Every scene needs to matter. I'd heard things like that before, but I never believed it. Now I do.

I spent the last two days REVISING. I just crossed a huge ridge-line, and the view looks amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment