Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Tale of the Tape


My first semester is over. It has been a truly remarkable experience. I have grown as a writer in ways that I never thought possible in five short months. As always I'd like to thank my wife, Jesse, for supporting me while I chase my writing dreams, and I would like to thank my first advisor, Laura Kvasnosky, for creating such a great learning environment for me this term.

I thought that I would fill you in on the amount of work I have done this semester.

I have read 81 (Yowzaa!) books, including:

39 Novels
30 Picture Books
7 Writing Craft Books
4 Graphic Novels
and
1 Short Story Collection

I submitted 321 (Yowzaa Again!) pages of written work.
These pages included letters to my advisor, essays, picture books, short stories, memoir vignettes, and pages and pages of new and revised work on a novel. The novel is still very much a work-in-progress, but I now have over 100 revised pages that I feel good about. I think the story has a bright future.

Just thinking about that has made me a bit tired. Time to get some lunch before I get back to work.

p.s. I just checked the date from last term, and I should be getting my new workshop packet any day now. I'm excited about the piece I submitted this time, and I'm even more excited to dive into the other submissions.

p.p.s. Go Tim Thomas!

No comments:

Post a Comment