Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Excess

I was in Boston this weekend.

I was appalled by some of the things I saw: Partying girls trying to take their clothes off in an elevator, people being dropped off at clubs in stretch Hummers and Escalades, and cars blocking an ambulance so they wouldn't lose their parking space.

Really? I mean, I thought I was in a bad teen movie or something. In a way it made me happy because it just solidified the fact that the choices I've made in life are right for me, but...

..a huge part of me was sad. Very sad. I'm in no position to tell anyone how to have a good time or what to spend their money on, but stretch Hummers? People are still doing that? In the world we live in? How do some people not realize how inappropriate that is?

This isn't a time for blissful ignorance. The excess I saw in Boston made me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment