Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pumped

Ok, so I just finished the super large residency evaluation form, which means that my semester can officially begin. It was really hanging over me mentally.

So, here it is. This semester - which is the next five months - I will:
-Create a rough draft of a middle grade novel about hockey.
-Read 50-75 books depending on how many picture books are in there.
-Write 10 critical essays based off my reading and research.
-Write 5 Picture Books, one per month.
-Explore memoir if I have any extra time. Note: I hope I do because I have a really great idea.


Way harder than playing hockey. That was easy.

I am also very happy to announce that this semester I will be working with the amazing Laura Kvasnosky. Check out her website: http://www.lmkbooks.com/
She illustrates all of her own work, and her story, Zelda and Ivy: The Runaways, was chosen as the 2007 Theodor Seuss Geisel Award recipient.

- Per ala.org: "The Theodor Seuss Geisel Award is given annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished American book for beginning readers published in English in the United States during the preceding year."

Not too shabby, eh?

I would always like to say that my residency experience was simply amazing. The program really is second to none. I can't wait to go again in July, and I wish all my new writer buddies the best semester possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment