Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lots of Reading to do!

I received my workshop packet from VCFA today. It is a very diverse collection of writing from what seems to be a very diverse group of writers. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that I was going to be in a group with all first semester students. That's not the case at all. There is one student that will graduate at the end of the residency, two starting their final semester, two starting their third, three starting their second, and two other new students.

At first glance, there are several submissions that are excerpts from books that I probably wouldn't pick up on my own, so I'm really looking forward to branching out and seeing what my peers have to offer. There is no doubt that this process is going to make me a better writer. I just hope that the others like my stuff and have some great suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment