Sunday, November 28, 2010

Is Something Missing Here?



Norwich won the National Championship last season. This is a picture from the newspaper of the banner raising. I see the coach, the school president, the athletic director, two deep-pocketed alums...

WHERE ARE THE PLAYERS !!!!!!!?????

This is a perfect example of why I have such a love/hate relationship with athletics. Sports are supposed to be just one part of a well-rounded school experience. They are about building character, learning to work with others and living out dreams. They are not supposed to be about a group of old men trying to win one last time.

Well, congrats old guys! You did it. I'm sorry if I forgot to notice. I guess I was too busy cheering on your student-athletes.

1 comment:

  1. Before I read anything else, the thing missing for me was the apostrophe in mens! Should be "men's"! (Sorry. The former business teacher in me...)

    ReplyDelete